Feminists Deliver is a grassroots collaboration of Provincial based self-identified women, girls, non-binary and Two Spirit people and the organizations that support them. Membership of Feminists Deliver is diverse and inclusive of all people experiencing marginalization on the basis of gender.
Feminists Deliver boasts involvement of over 25 organizations spanning disciplines and intersectional equality seeking efforts including: Indigenous women, Immigrant and Refugee women, Black women, French speaking women, non-binary and trans women, lesbian women, women with disabilities, girls and young women, girls/young women aging out of foster care, women’s housing, gender violence including sexual assault and domestic violence, legal justice and law reform, women’s health and reproductive justice, women’s mental health and substance use/recovery, women that do sex work and sex workers, women’s poverty, child care, women’s employment, rural women, women living in DTES Vancouver, women’s philanthropy, and municipal actions for women’s safety.
Feminist Deliver Values:
- Decolonial: We believe that at the core of the feminist agenda lies the fight to decolonize our societies including our laws, structures of governance, organizations, and ways of thinking.
- Intersectional: We believe that structures of power including colonialism, patriarchy, racism, and capitalism, intersect to create diverse and compounding experiences of oppression and marginalization.
- Inclusive: We are inclusive of all people that experience marginalization on the basis of gender including Trans, two spirit and non-binary people Inclusive Transformative change comes from the grassroots and those most impacted by intersecting forms of oppression must be key actors in all conversations that engage their interests
- Grassroots: The exclusion of grassroots feminist voices in the global women’s agenda and connecting grassroots struggles are a key priority for the global women’s agenda.
Feminists Deliver is looking for an enthusiastic Communications Specialist to help manage our external and internal communications. The successful candidate will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on Feminists Deliver’s behalf. Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications specialist, and experience in project management is a valued quality.
This job posting is open to Indigenous women, Immigrant and Refugee women, Black women, self-identified women, girls, non-binary and Two Spirit people.
- Reporting to the Feminists Deliver communications sub- committee and Feminist Deliver leadership
- Write content for both print and web including the website, blog, brochures and newsletter.
- Plan and implement a communications strategy with direction and support from the communications sub-committee.
- Monitor social media and online presence.
- Prepare social media posts and manage accounts.
- Organize and direct promotional events.
- Recommend techniques to improve the public image.
- Make sure that all promotional and marketing materials meet Feminists Deliver brand identity strategy.
- Identify and resolve any issues with promotional content in a timely and professional manner.
- Serve as point of contact for media and public questions.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Coordinate meetings, press conferences and presentations.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and awareness of working from an intersectional feminists and decolonizing analysis of the systems and structures of power and oppression.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism or a combination or relevant experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in communications or marketing position.
- Willingness to commit to Feminist Deliver values.
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work within a team, and take direction from a committee decision-based process.
- Possess a solid understanding of effective communications and marketing techniques.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Contracted position is funded through March 31,2024.
- Contract is budgeted for a maximum of 24hr/week.
- Contract is budgeted for $40/hr.
- Interested candidates can send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include with your resume 1 writing example and 2 other examples demonstrating requested requirements.
Job posting will remain open till the right candidate is found
No phone calls please.
Follow us on social media:
- Facebook: facebook.com/Feminists-Deliver
- Twitter: twitter.com/femdeliver
- Instagram: instagram.com/feministsdeliver
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbKj1tlhrb7mouAFJqW9FpQ