About Feminists Deliver:
Feminists Deliver is a grassroots collaboration of BC-based Two-Spirit people, non-binary folks, Indigiqueer, trans women, lesbian women, and cis women and girls, and the organizations that support them. Membership of Feminists Deliver is diverse and inclusive of all people experiencing marginalization on the basis of gender.
This project will address organizational capacity needs to allow Feminists Deliver to continue promoting social and systemic change towards gender equity from a decolonizing and intersectional feminist perspective.
Feminists Deliver boasts involvement of over 25 organizations spanning disciplines and intersectional equity seeking efforts including: Indigenous women, Immigrant and Refugee women, Black women, French speaking women, non-binary and trans women, lesbian women, women with disabilities, girls and young women, girls/young women aging out of foster care, women’s housing, gender violence including sexual assault and domestic violence, legal justice and law reform, childcare, women’s health and reproductive justice, women’s mental health and substance use/recovery, women that do sex work and sex workers, women’s poverty, child care, women’s employment, rural women, women living in the Downtown Eastside (DTES) Vancouver, women’s philanthropy, and municipal actions for women’s safety.
Feminist Deliver Values:
- Decolonial: We believe that at the core of the feminist agenda lies the fight to decolonize our societies including our laws, structures of governance, organizations, and ways of thinking.
- Intersectional: We believe that structures of power including colonialism, patriarchy, racism, and capitalism, intersect to create diverse and compounding experiences of oppression and marginalization.
- Inclusive: We are inclusive of all people that experience marginalization on the basis of gender including Trans, two spirit and non-binary people Inclusive Transformative change comes from the grassroots and those most impacted by intersecting forms of oppression must be key actors in all conversations that engage their interests
- Grassroots: The exclusion of grassroots feminist voices in the global women’s agenda and connecting grassroots struggles are a key priority for the global women’s agenda.
Feminists Deliver is looking for a Policy Analyst to be a part of a collaborative team. Providing critical research, data, policy and strategic support to deliver a feminist response and recovery from the current impacts of COVID-19 through systemic change. Building on the long tradition of movement-driven, community- derived research and uses an explicit decolonial, anti-oppression and racial justice lens.
At the end of the project, Feminist Deliver will have contributed to addressing systemic barriers by encouraging more equitable and effective sharing of resources, increasing networks and collaboration to accelerate systemic change, supporting positive distribution of authority, voices, and decision-making power, and addressing persistent harmful gender norms and attitudes to support women’s equality. The project will result in a 3-day Feminist Deliver Conference and be completed in March 2024.
You’ll Be Successful If You Have…
- Experience with and knowledge of critical issues and data in gender equity from an intersectional anti-oppression feminist and decolonial framework
- Research, identify and qualify funding opportunities from corporate, foundation, and government sources.
- Proficiency with multiple presentation technologies and software for creating data visualizations, infographics and webinars
- Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Research gender equity issues and initiatives in collaboration with women leaders and their communities at local, regional and provincial levels.
Conduct situational analysis. Identify local needs, strengths, challenges and barriers. Include lived experiences of underrepresented women and girls. Acknowledge past and current colonial systems.
Create a framework for action to advance gender equity.
Identify and prioritize key themes, objectives, and actions to address at local, regional and provincial level.
Develop evidence-based resources to support gender equity initiatives.
Draft position papers, briefing notes, budget submissions and other evidence-based resources to support actions at the local, regional and provincial level.
Support the launch of gender equity initiatives in communities across the province.
And other duties as relevant to the position.
- Reporting to the Feminists Deliver communications sub- committee and Feminist Deliver leadership
- This is a revolutionary position and will evolve as the work unfolds.
- Performing rapid analysis of gender-equity and gender-based policy to support organizing campaigns in real time, produced within a few days, weeks or months for immediate use in campaign events.
- Performing qualitative research conducted through interviews, surveys, focus groups, participatory action research, or other methodologies.
- Writing extended policy reports that highlight issues of gender equity and gender-based violence and/or propose evidence-based policy solutions.
- Developing tools, fact sheets, webinars, infographics and other formats for presenting information in engaging and accessible ways to multiple audiences.
- Collaborating with grassroots and community organizing groups to identify and define research and policy needs.
- Presenting and discussing of policy and research with organizers and grassroots and community leaders on conference calls, in community meetings, in webinars and other formats.
- Conducting research on policy and practice for community-based responses to addressing gender equity and gender based violence.
- Writing reports and informative materials that create new knowledge.
- Summarizing and synthesizing existing research to support grassroots and community-based
- organizing campaigns to address gender equity and gender-based violence from an intersectional feminist, anti-oppression and decolonial perspective.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Service discipline or equivalent lived experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working or combination training, education, experience conducting research and policy analysis
- Dedicated and committed to the mission of Feminists Deliver
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and awareness of working from an intersectional feminist and decolonizing analysis of the systems and structures of power and oppression
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including empathy, collaboration, conflict resolution
- Experience in working respectfully with diverse equity-seeking groups, and have cultural sensitivity and self-awareness to be supportive and work productively together
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work within a team, and take direction from a committee decision-based process.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to explain complex issues in clear, simple language accessible to multiple audiences
- Excellent writing, research, and communications skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, including verbal and written communications
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Job posted: March 2022
- Application deadline: Job posting will remain open till the right candidate is found
- Ideal position start date: ASAP
For the foreseeable future, the chosen candidate will be working remotely, but please keep in mind that Feminists Deliver is based in what is colonially known as Vancouver.
- Contracted position is funded through March 31, 2024.
- Contract is budgeted for approximately 24 hours per week.
- Contract is budgeted for $40 per hour.
How to apply:
Please submit your résumé, cover letter, writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know of relevant experiences for this position, including professional and personal experience. We encourage equity-seeking individuals to apply, including Two-Spirit people, non-binary folks, Indigiqueer, trans women, Indigenous women, Black women, immigrant and refugee women, self-identified women, and girls. You are welcome to self-identify, but it is not mandatory.
We thank all applicants for their time, efforts, and interest in working with Feminists Deliver. Best of luck and stay strong as you find your next position.
Job posting will remain open till the right candidate is found
No phone calls please.
Follow us on social media:
- Facebook: facebook.com/Feminists-Deliver
- Twitter: twitter.com/femdeliver
- Instagram: instagram.com/feministsdeliver
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbKj1tlhrb7mouAFJqW9FpQ