The Power of Movements
Day four of our grassroots conference and trade show began with a keynote panel on Feminists Movements facilitated by Kory Wilson with panelists Sandra Iroegbu, Black Lives Matter Vancouver, Ellen Woodsworth, Women Transforming Cities, Sharon Gregson, $10 a Day Child Care and Stephanie Allen, Hogans Alley Society.
Sex Worker Solidarity Panel, facilitated by Amelia Ridgway
- Sarah Smith, Peers Victoria
- Michele Powell, Peers Victoria
- Lana Fox, Raincity Housing and Supports Society
- Allison Tanaka, Surrey Women’s Centre SMART Program
Gender and Sexuality: Contested Membership
- Tami Starlight, Nehiyawak / Cree & Norwegian, The Anti Oppression Network & Coalition Against Trans Antagonism (CATA)
- Kimberley Wong, Co-Founder City Hub Initiative
- Dillon Black, Ottawa Coalition to End Violence Against Women
#metoo: A Cultural Movement
- Jamie Lee-Hamilton, Sex Worker Rights Advocate
- Leah Horlick, Writer and Poet
- Daley Laing, FireSeed Facilitation
Keynote Speaker Jody Wilson-Raybould
As our final day drew to an end, we had the privilege to hear Jody Wilson-Raybould keynote speech “Indigenous Women are the True Forces of Decolnization. The room was at capacity, with many people standing in all corners of the room to hear MP Wilson-Raybould speak.
Watch Day Four
The conference was live streamed each day, you can watch a recording of the full day below. Each keynote and keynote panel will also be available to watch, subscribe to Feminists Deliver YouTube channel to be notified when the videos are live!
Many thanks to the organizers and volunteers! Great gathering.