Advocacy Campaign contractor
About Feminists Deliver:
Feminists Deliver is a grassroots collaboration of BC-based Two-Spirit people, non-binary folks, Indigiqueer, trans women, lesbian women, and cis women and girls, and the organizations that support them. Membership of Feminists Deliver is diverse and inclusive of all people experiencing marginalization on the basis of gender.
This project will address organizational capacity needs to allow Feminists Deliver to continue promoting social and systemic change towards gender equity from a decolonizing and intersectional feminist perspective.
Feminists Deliver boasts involvement of over 25 organizations spanning disciplines and intersectional equity seeking efforts including: Indigenous women, Immigrant and Refugee women, Black women, French speaking women, non-binary and trans women, lesbian women, women with disabilities, girls and young women, girls/young women aging out of foster care, women’s housing, gender violence including sexual assault and domestic violence, legal justice and law reform, childcare, women’s health and reproductive justice, women’s mental health and substance use/recovery, women that do sex work and sex workers, women’s poverty, child care, women’s employment, rural women, women living in the Downtown Eastside (DTES) Vancouver, women’s philanthropy, and municipal actions for women’s safety.
The Feminists Deliver Advocacy Campaign contractor is a multi-talented generalist, responsible for devising, coordinating and delivering strategies, campaigns and projects as new opportunities arise and existing initiatives develop.
This role will provide creativity and leadership in developing and implementing engaging campaigns, and ensure the dynamism, ambition, and successful coordination of all aspects of a given campaign or project.
As a part of the evolution of Feminist Deliver there is a recognition that change is a part of the growth of the organization and this role requires flexibility.
This Advocacy Campaign contractor role will create effective communications and mobilize masses of people to win campaigns and grow Feminists Deliver. At its core the Campaigner’s role is to leverage Feminists Deliver ability to influence and inspire decision-makers to shift in a way that aligns with the speed necessary to solve the world’s most pressing problems. Co-creation requires self awareness and accountability for your actions to the collective.
- Develop, implement and evaluate campaigns using appropriate data segments and engagement strategies based on research, insights and analysis
- Ensure campaign plans play to the Feminists Deliver strengths in creative confrontation, mobilisation, story-telling and investigations
- Lead an advocacy subcommittee to deliver high-performing, innovative and effective campaigns
- Accountable/reports to the Feminists Deliver Working Group and Feminist Deliver leadership
- Participate in the planning and implementation of campaign projects and tactics as directed by the co-chairs and working group in collaboration with the team of Feminists Deliver contractors for seamless integration of campaign messaging
- Monitor changes in the external environment and respond quickly to shifts in external campaign circumstances
- Remain abreast of political and social developments that could impact campaigns and projects
- Build and maintain effective relationships with allies and stakeholders
- Provided information to the media to contribute to the broader strategic goals
- Awareness and understanding of legal issues necessary for the job
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and awareness of working from an intersectional feminist and decolonizing analysis of the systems and structures of power and oppression
- Capability in our technology tools: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook), MailChimp, social and marketing tooling
- Relevant education via academia or real-world experience
- At least two (2) to three (3) years experience in a similar or related role and/or campaigns/organizing role and/or project management role
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedicated and committed to the mission of Feminists Deliver
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work within a team, and take direction from a committee decision-based process
- Self-leadership skills, ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proven knowledge of provincial, national and international government processes
- Ability to assess points of intervention/leverage to achieve outcomes
- How to use research, insights and analysis to develop campaign strategies
- Proven copywriting skills
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively with the media
- Risk (legal, reputational) assessment skills
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Job posted: August 2022
- Application deadline: Job posting will remain open till the right candidate is found
- Ideal position start date: ASAP
For the foreseeable future, the chosen candidate will be working remotely, but please keep in mind that Feminists Deliver is based in what is colonially known as Vancouver. Some in-person work may be required.
- Contracted position is funded through March 31, 2024.
- Contract is budgeted for 24-32 hours per week.
- Contract is budgeted for $40 per hour.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and résumé (in one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know of relevant experiences for this position, including professional and personal experience. We encourage equity-deserving individuals to apply, including Two-Spirit people, non-binary folks, Indigiqueer, trans women, Indigenous women, Black women, immigrant and refugee women, and self-identified women. You are welcome to self-identify, but it is not mandatory.
We thank all applicants for their time, efforts, and interest in working with Feminists Deliver. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Best of luck and stay strong as you find your next position.
No phone calls please.
Follow us on social media:
- Facebook: facebook.com/Feminists-Deliver
- Twitter: twitter.com/femdeliver
- Instagram: instagram.com/feministsdeliver
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbKj1tlhrb7mouAFJqW9FpQ